This blog was created to document our experience dealing with Bailey, our 16 year old daughter's stroke. Until September 15th, she was a perfectly healthy, active teenage girl. She is a junior in high school this year. She has a part time job, many friends and a busy social life. She is involved with the marching band, cross country skiing and the school theater group. Her class schedule reads like that of my nightmares - Honors classes, Advanced placement classes and even a "college in school" physics class. She has a smile that shows itself with the slightest of provocation. She is happy, easy going and a bit goofy. Generally, there was no reason to expect any health issues and definitely we would not ever have even thought a stroke was a possibility.

So, this is our story. I am hoping it will help others who experience this sort of misfortune to understand they are not alone. Maybe they are feeling the way we do and will take some comfort our story.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At least I have a routine

I go to the hospital in the morning, spend the day going through therapy with Bailey, I come home at around supper time, I let the boys out and feed them dinner, I change into my grubby clothes and head to Paul's house to work, I go home to sleep around midnight and then I start over the next day. 

There is so much to do before Bailey can come home.  Like any home improvement project, there is always more to it then you expect.  Around every corner there is some other thing that could be and should be done.  It is sort of a constant game of "while we're at it" or my other favorite "oh crap, we can't just leave this like it is."  Everyone is working hard and being so supportive I feel as though I need to keep up and do my part.  I have been told repeatedly that I don't need to feel that way but I am not one to sit back and let others do things for me.  I figure I will sleep when there is time!  I know it is all worth it and it will be fabulous when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment