This blog was created to document our experience dealing with Bailey, our 16 year old daughter's stroke. Until September 15th, she was a perfectly healthy, active teenage girl. She is a junior in high school this year. She has a part time job, many friends and a busy social life. She is involved with the marching band, cross country skiing and the school theater group. Her class schedule reads like that of my nightmares - Honors classes, Advanced placement classes and even a "college in school" physics class. She has a smile that shows itself with the slightest of provocation. She is happy, easy going and a bit goofy. Generally, there was no reason to expect any health issues and definitely we would not ever have even thought a stroke was a possibility.

So, this is our story. I am hoping it will help others who experience this sort of misfortune to understand they are not alone. Maybe they are feeling the way we do and will take some comfort our story.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Wishful thinking

While reviewing what modifications will need to be done to the house in order for Bay to live there comfortably and safely Paul's cousin mentioned that we might want to reach out to local businesses.  He said that they might be willing to provide a discount or do a donation of supplies.  I got pretty excited about this so today I called Menards.  I spoke to the general manager at the Richfield store, I explained the situation and what we were likely to need.  I asked him if they offered any sort of discount for this sort of thing.  He said "Well we could probably extend you a discount. Maybe 10%?" 

Is it me or does this seem like not really much of a discount?  Am I being ungrateful?  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment