This blog was created to document our experience dealing with Bailey, our 16 year old daughter's stroke. Until September 15th, she was a perfectly healthy, active teenage girl. She is a junior in high school this year. She has a part time job, many friends and a busy social life. She is involved with the marching band, cross country skiing and the school theater group. Her class schedule reads like that of my nightmares - Honors classes, Advanced placement classes and even a "college in school" physics class. She has a smile that shows itself with the slightest of provocation. She is happy, easy going and a bit goofy. Generally, there was no reason to expect any health issues and definitely we would not ever have even thought a stroke was a possibility.

So, this is our story. I am hoping it will help others who experience this sort of misfortune to understand they are not alone. Maybe they are feeling the way we do and will take some comfort our story.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Homecoming dreams and homecoming dresses

The staff at the hospital has said that by the time of the Homecoming dance I will be allowed to take Bailey out on a 2 hour pass so that she can at least go to the dinner portion of the evening.  She has very specific idea of what her dress needs to look like and she has been telling me about it for months!  I can't even fathom pulling out my sewing machine at the moment so I was all set to disappoint her and tell her I was going to have to buy her a dress.

But today we had a visit from Becky Shold Strom.  She is the mother of Bailey's friends Erica and Rachel.  She is going to make Bailey's Homecoming dress for us.  I can't even find the words to describe how I am feeling right now!  Now my girl won't be disappointed! 

Thank you Becky!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment